Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

Upon leaving my apartment complex, I hit a young lady walking in the street with the right side of my video, when I stopped to see if she was okay, she asked me if I had any money and could give her a ride due to the fact that I just hit her, I told her that I didn't have much money but I could get a few bucks out of my bank acct($30), she proceeded to take the phone that she had inside of her mothers home, her mother came out of the home and asked me why was I attempting to pay her daughter after I hit her, I then informed her mother that her daughter did not want receive medical attention or call the police, the young lady and her mother argued about her not wanting to receive medical attention, the young lady got in my vehicle I then proceeded to a ATM and withdrew some cash, she asked me if I could take her to get a friend and then drop her off, while going to get the young ladies friend she said that she would like to handle the situation under the table and for me to consider just paying her some cash and then that would be the end of the situation, I talked to my wife and then contacted the young lady and told her that I would prefer to take her to the hospital and get a report filed and go about the situation the correct way and she said now that I am unwilling to pay under the table that she will contact her attorney. What should I do?

Asked on 6/12/11, 2:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If you have not already done so, you may need to tell your insurance company about the accident. They will probably investigate for you, and determine the viablitity of the plaintiff's claim. There may be facts about your case that make you opt not to volunteer information about the accident to your insurer. You should meet personally with an attorney in your area. Share all the facts and documents that you did not have space to do here. Many attorneys offer a free or low cost initial consultation.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 6/29/11, 1:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri