Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

permanent scarring

Last November, wife and I spent a long weekend at a well known resort. Wife contracted ''hot tub foliculitis'' in the hot tub. Resort aknowledges the problem and has offered a free night's stay as compensation.

Just learned from her dermatologist that the scarring is permanent. Multiple scars across her torso. Should we make resort aware of this? Hire an attorney to contact the resort?

Asked on 5/17/04, 2:40 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony DeWitt Bartimus, Frickleton Robertson & Gorny, PC

Re: permanent scarring

Yes, you should contact an attorney, depending on the nature and severity of the scarring this could be a good case. A free nights stay is, to say the least, an insult.

Read more
Answered on 5/17/04, 4:02 pm

Tad Morlan Tad K. Morlan, Attorney at Law

Re: permanent scarring

Everything depends on notice, medical bills and permanent injury. You should contact counsel.

Read more
Answered on 5/17/04, 6:56 pm
Spencer Farris The S.E. Farris Law Firm

Re: permanent scarring

I have handled cases in the past against hotels for contamination of hot tubs. This is a highly specialized area of the law- qualified expert witnesses and early investigation are crucial to success in the case!

If there is any question as to what caused the ailment- and there typically is on infection cases- expect a battle from the hotel. However, if the scarring is anything more than what a pimple might leave, then a night's stay is woefully inadequate.

Contact a knowledgeable, skilled trial attorney- not a dabbler or part time trial lawyer- as soon as you possibly can.

Read more
Answered on 5/17/04, 8:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri