Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Missouri

We bought a house and there is common ground behind it that goes up to a little branch. We are in a unacorporated area, is there any way we can own this property? I have been cutting the grass and keeping up with maintenance since we have been there, no one takes care of this property at all,

Thank you

Asked on 8/21/23, 9:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

You have to figure out who owns the property and make them an offer. You'll have to go to the office where these records are kept and be nice to the person behind the counter to help you figure it out. Could be the Registrar of Deeds or Property Assessor's Office or something like that. Could be on your deed as well; sometimes the deed notes who is the owner of adjacent properties.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 8/22/23, 6:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Missouri