Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Missouri

We have property that adjoins to our property line. We live in Missouri and have completed the research, found the owner and agreed to purchase the property. The Owner lives in Washington. This is a very small lot of land and the purchase price is under $1,000. We are unsure as to how to satisfy payment with seller and satisfy signed deed with ourselves at the same time. We know about escrow but are wanting to see about other options since the amount is so small. We've also looked into restrictive endorsements on checks. What should we do?

Asked on 10/17/13, 3:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

You can hire an attorney who will prepare the contact, prepare the deed, handle the transfer of the purchase price and recording of the deed. It will be worth the legal expenses to be sure tat everything is done properly.

Read more
Answered on 11/03/13, 5:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Missouri