Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Missouri

Want to check on abandon house. It was auctioned off on courthouse steps with no one interested and it just sitting there

Asked on 8/01/11, 2:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

You may check with the Recorder of Deeds int eh County wher ethe house sits. Perhaps, the forelcsoing party ws the only one to bid, so that they are taking over ownership. Sometimes it is several months before any activity occurs with the physical structure, due to a redemption period or time to get the Trustee's deed recorded. You might also contact the attorney or other party handling the foreclosure sale.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 8/19/11, 1:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Missouri