Legal Question in Workers Comp in Missouri

I am going to get a total knee in the future due to a workers comp accident. I have asked for $107,000 to cover the total knee and the medications that will be needed leading up tyo the surgery. I received a counter from WC saying that in present day value dollars the $107,000 would be $34,000. What exactly does present day value dollars mean? How do they calculate it? is it possible to counter with a higher dollar amount?

Asked on 1/21/11, 3:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

From your question it appears that you do not have an attorney representing you. In a case with an injury as serious as yours, you really should consult with an attorney who is an expert in worker's compensation law. The attorney will make sure that all of your legal rights under the law are protected, including your right to have your employer pay for your medical treatment and your right to a lump sum settlement or financial recovery based upon a rating of the permanency of your injury. The attorney will not require you to pay any attorney's fees out of your pocket, but will wait to be paid until the case is finally resolved. in cases such as yours, you will wind up with more compensation, even after the attorney's fees are paid than you will obtain on your own. I happen to be of-counsel to the firm of one of the very best Worker's compensation attorneys in the state of Missouri. If you are not represented, I would be happy to set up a free consultation for you. Please feel free to call me.

Read more
Answered on 1/29/11, 1:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Missouri