Legal Question in Elder Law in Nebraska

car purchase

i went to a Hyundia dealer and bought a 2007 Elantra that was told it had did not have it after i bought i went back to get one that was to have AC installed in it...they talked me to buying an 02 Elantra with AC with 73000 miles on it....that was ok, but... the sold it to me for $6950. wich is for a like new car accordingly to a car buyers had never even been thru the shop to have it checked out, it was only worth a whole sale price.can i make them give me the differance back with out going to court over it?/t trusted them, but they certainly took me..i am 77 yrs old at the time, and some times i just don't think right....

Asked on 7/16/07, 11:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Duke Drouillard Drouillard Law, LLC

Re: car purchase

I am sorry you have had such an unfortunate experience. At the moment, you retain the right to make your own decisions; even bad decisions. Your argument against the car dealer would have to be that you are incapable of making those decisions for yourself, that they knew that, and that they preyed upon you as a vulnerable adult. Whether you win or lose with the car lot, the conclusion may result in having a guardian/conservator appointed to make those decisions for you. It would probably be better for you to bring a trusted friend or relative with you next time you need to make a purchase that involves a lot of money.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/07, 8:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Nebraska