Legal Question in Family Law in Nebraska

Can a father that is not on the birth certificate, keep the child from the mother

Asked on 1/25/13, 2:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kristina Guerrero-Sisneroz Guerrero-Sisneroz Law

I would need more facts.

But in short- if no custody order is in place and HE IS the father, he can take the child- until a court orders otherwise. If parenting time with the mother is ordered and he withholds, he can face contempt.

Read more
Answered on 1/25/13, 7:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nebraska