Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Nebraska

juvenile court

my divorce says I have educational and medical and visitation rights, which juvenile court hasn't removed. my juvenile lives in the home with me. I belive I have the legal right to make decisions regarding education and medical, and that my permission is needed before any educational placement can take place,excepting severe circumstances. Would this be correct?

Asked on 9/12/08, 2:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Duke Drouillard Drouillard Law, LLC

Re: juvenile court

Not necessarily. You have rights and a legal voice regarding those issues, but there may be other parties who also have a legal interest and right to intervene in those decisions. In juvenile court, if an adjudication has been made, the child is generally placed in the custody of the Department of Health and Human Services(DHHS). Sometimes the terms of the custody allow placement in the parental home and sometimes the terms may exclude the parental home. The same with education and medical services. DHHS has the authority to make those decisions pursuant to the orders of the court. You will need an attorney if you have an issue before the juvenile court.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/08, 5:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Nebraska