Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Nebraska

How do I cash insurance claim check to the estate of my grandfather when I'm the executor

Asked on 4/12/12, 5:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Duke Drouillard Drouillard Law, LLC

After you have filed a petition with the probate court, the court will issue a letter appointing the personal representative. The PR may then obtain an EIN number for the estate, open a bank account in the name of the estate, and deposit funds in the estate banking account. Once all bills of the estate and taxes due are paid by the PR, the remaining funds may be disbursed to the heirs. Then the probate case may be closed.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/12, 7:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Nebraska