Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Nebraska

Reciprocal wILL

My mother wants to change her receiprocal will she made with her husband. He doesn't want to change it. now what?

Asked on 10/06/08, 10:18 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Christopher Steuart IT Forensics, Inc.

Re: Reciprocal wILL

Mr. Drouillard's answer would also be correct if applying Washington law.

Read more
Answered on 10/08/08, 6:07 pm
Duke Drouillard Drouillard Law, LLC

Re: Reciprocal wILL

What state does she live in now? In Nebraska, she may change her will at any time without the permission of her husband. Although she may change her will in Nebraska, she may not completely disinherit her husband through her will. Her husband would be entitled to a minimum of the elective share provided by statute. If she wanted to disinherit her husband, she would have to divorce him.

Read more
Answered on 10/06/08, 11:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Nebraska