Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Nevada

Is their anyway that you can get a loan on an inheritance that has been paid to two of the children but not the rest. According to the lawyer handling the case it has been signed, but is waiting to be finalized before the rest of the children can be paid. It is in Nevada. Can you please help me, I don't understand why the rest of us can not get our money.If you can get a loan on this how do I go about it?

Asked on 10/13/11, 3:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

George Greenberg Greenberg & Nguyen Attorneys at Law

There are companies that loan money using inheritance as collateral. They are much like loans against personal injury settlements. They charge fees and interest and will investigate of course. Failing this, if this estate is in Probate Court and more than six months have passed you can petition the court to require the Executor or Trustee to give an update and explanation of delay. If this matter is not in court then you would have to "sue" the Trustee or Executor if you believed there was any wrongdoing. Best of luck. George D. Greenberg, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/11, 11:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Nevada