Legal Question in Consumer Law in Nevada

i have a personnel loan, from and individual and requested a copy of the loan documents. The documents were never copied, as the individual was an in-law. The request was denied as as he said there was no law that said he had to, is this really the case or is there some legal statute that comes to play? The state I live in is Nevada, Washoe county, City of Reno.

Asked on 10/19/11, 1:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rick Williams Law Offices of Frederick D. (Rick) Williams, Chtd.

You borrowed money from an in-law and did not receive a copy of the contract? Are you now disputing some terms of the agreement? I guess if you stopped paying, the lender would be eager to give you a copy to demonstrate what HIS or HER rights are under the contract!

If the in-law is a licensed lender in Nevada, he/she is required to provide a copy of the contract at the time the loan is made (NRS 604A.410). If it was just a private transaction between two individuals, you may have some difficulty getting a copy without forcing it by violating some of the terms of the agreement.

Read more
Answered on 10/21/11, 3:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Nevada