Legal Question in Criminal Law in Nevada

I was charged with minor in possession of alcohol a month ago. I am 20 years old. I went to court today and the judge told me I would be serving 30 days in jail. I pleaded not guilty because of the advice from the baliff, he told me if I had pleaded guilty today then I would have gone to jail today. I have reason to believe the judge is acting too harshly towards the charge because of his personal religious beliefs. what do I do?

Asked on 5/16/13, 12:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


You need to contact criminal defense counsel and have them do the dealing for you. Sounds like you just had an arraignment. Next will be trial or pretrial depending on which court you are in. Always better to have an attorney in these situations.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/13, 7:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Nevada