Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

I want a divorce asap but can't find spouse... separated almost 7 years... expecting children with boyfriend and wanna get married.... have 4 children with husband but he hasn't seen or talked to them in over a year

Asked on 6/11/15, 9:53 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jeffrey Cogan Jeffrey A. Cogan, Esq., Ltd.

You can do a service by publication. There are some things that you have to do prior to that, and if you would like to hire me, email me at [email protected]. The process might take 3 to 4 months.

Read more
Answered on 6/11/15, 10:57 am
Roger Harada Law Office of Roger R. Harada

I suggest you contact a good divorce attorney, as most any good one will know or have a good relationship with a private investigator who can probably easily find your husband (and if not, you will have met the due diligence requirement that will allow for service by publication).

Once he is found he can be served with your divorce paperwork, and since your children are with you the jurisdiction for determining custody will be in the courts where you live.

Read more
Answered on 6/11/15, 1:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada