Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

If I'm trying to relinquish my parenting rights how do I do it I can not get in contact with the mother about it and was told that I need to ask her permission

Asked on 9/19/14, 2:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Smith James E. Smith Ltd.

One cannot unilaterally terminate one's parental rights. Unless you have permission of the mother you're on the hook for child support. The State does not want to support a child if there are two parents available to provide support.

Read more
Answered on 9/19/14, 3:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada