Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

In the state of Nevada, is it legal to move out at 18 if you are still in high school?

If I move out of my legal guardian's house after my 18th birthday, but before I graduate (only two weeks before) can I be arrested as a runaway?

Asked on 5/07/12, 6:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

At 18, in Nevada, you have reached the age of majority. Yes, it is legal to move out even if you are still in high school.

No, you do not meet Nevada's legal definition of a runaway if you are over 18.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/12, 8:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada