Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Nevada

I have a lot of questions to be answered. First of all, we just found out the house we are living in which is my name and my son's name with the loan in my son's is a year past due. He was and still is active duty military which the mortgage company now seems to be doing nothing about - The first letter they sent gave me was dated January 18th giving me until February 17th to pay a balance of $16,478.63 the next letter dated January 19th gives me until February 03 to pay $14,996.40 plus late charges of $169.78. Yesterday, I received a letter along with the return of my check paying for January payment on the 15th of January with a letter stating it was not enough reinstate my loan from default. I am contacting a person with HUD to help us out. Question, first, I have sent them his active duty orders, what else can I do. Also, when the loan was originally done, my husband and I were to sign the forms as seller and I have the original documents that were sent to me because we never signed them. Is there any recourse we have regarding this. I know it is a long and complicated question, but mainly, why would a mortgage company send back a payment and is that legal. Again, nothing has come certified from them to us. We are located in Nevada. If they have started foreclosure procedures, how would I know, again, NOTHING has been sent certified.

Asked on 1/31/12, 2:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul Malikowski Malikowski Law Offices, Ltd.

You may be entitled to the benefits of the Nevada Foreclosure Mediation Program, which will suspend any foreclosure action to qualified applicants. You can check the local country real property records for the status of any pending foreclosure.

Your attorney can advise further.

Read more
Answered on 1/31/12, 3:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Nevada