Legal Question in Traffic Law in Nevada

Nevada DMV License Restricted

If I move to NV or CA with a restriced license from VA due to DWI that last for 4 years, how do NV or CA handle that? Would they give me a license with their own restricted laws or even issue me a license.

Asked on 6/01/07, 8:26 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: Nevada DMV License Restricted

This would be a matter that the DMV authorities in each of those states would have to determine, applying their policies and regulations with respect to this kind of issue.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/07, 11:15 am
Jim Herbe Black & Lobello

Re: Nevada DMV License Restricted

In Nevada, if you move here with a suspended license from another state you will be precluded from receiving a Nevada license until suspension expires. Then, Nevada requires you to take a driver's test for licensure.

If you have a license with restrictions, say work and driving privileges, day time driving, etc.; Nevada will is$sue a comparable license by Court Order. This is a motion required by judicial decree so you would probably need legal representation.

Our firm handles such matters on a flat fee less than $500 if you require an attorney feel free to contact us.


Jim Herbe

Breeden & Herbe, LTD.

139 E. Warm Springs Road

Suite 115

Las Vegas, NV 89119

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 6/27/07, 12:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Nevada