Legal Question in Personal Injury in New Hampshire

My 18 year old son was a passenger in a single vehicle rollover accident. He has a dislocated shoulder and received multiple lacerations requiring stitches on the arm and head. He has missed 3 weeks of work and is preparing to start physical therapy. The 17 year old driver is covered under his parents insurance but the medical limit is only $1000. I have uninsured motorist coverage on my insurance. I also have medical coverage on my son. With the pending medical bills looming in the distance and my son missing work, what should I do from here?

Asked on 4/28/14, 8:12 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Roy Weddleton Granite Law

The most important thing is to get your son better. If in fact, the other party is "under insured" then your policy should pay for medical expenses through med pay.

Your son may have a claim against both the driver of the car he was in and maybe the person in another vehicle that may have caused the accident.

In any event, report everything to your insurance company and no matter what do not settle with anyone until you have talked to a lawyer and your son has reached an end medical result.

Read more
Answered on 4/28/14, 8:26 am

Stephen Fine Law Offices of Stephen R. Fine

You should tap the medical payments coverage available under your own automobile insurance policy now. Once this is exhausted, your son's medical expenses should be covered under his medical insurance, depending of course on the plan.

While the evidence is fresh, a lawyer should be contacted now. Most lawyers who handle these types of cases, including myself, are willing to provide a free consultation.

Stephen R. Fine

620 Chestnut Street

Manchester, NH 03242



Read more
Answered on 4/28/14, 9:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New Hampshire