Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New Hampshire

I got divorced a couple years ago. My ex-wife isn't on the mortgage but she is on the deed. part of the agreement was that she can be removed from the deed. She lives in another state now. What would be the course of action needed to proceed with this. I live in the property

Asked on 12/18/14, 11:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bruce L. Dorner Dorner Law Office

The answer to your question will depend upon the specific language in the Decree of Divorce. If the property was awarded to you, all that may be needed is recording of a certified copy of the decree, or having her sign a Quitclaim Deed pursuant to the terms of the Decree. A review of the court order is the starting point, and best done by an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 12/18/14, 11:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New Hampshire