Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New Hampshire

Multiple owners of one property that needs to be sold but no one can agree on price so taxes are overdo and family is not coping well with each other. Need to petition to partition and what is the process in NH? thanks

Asked on 8/16/13, 4:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bruce L. Dorner Dorner Law Office

This is an action in Superior Court. Each side of the case will need to hire experts to testify as to the value of the property. The court will make a decision as to the value. If the parties don't cooperate with the signing of documents, the court will appoint a commissioner for the purpose of selling the property and signing all required documents. It is an expensive and time consuming process. You would likely benefit from meeting with an attorney experienced in real estate matters to determine if the cost of the fight is financially practical or if other methods to determine value might lead to a quicker and less expensive option than a courtroom battle.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/13, 7:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New Hampshire