Legal Question in Bankruptcy in New Jersey

I have filed a Chapter 13 bankruptcy and included my commercial lease in the plan. The landlord locked me out without a warrant of removal, which is an illegal lockout (knowing that I was in a Chapter 13) and the superior court judge compelled him to give me re-entry and told him that he had to take the matter up with the bankruptcy court. Even after receiving a copy of the petition and being told by the superior court judge, the landlord filed for a warrant of removal and did not file a motion to lift the stay in the chapter 13. What recourse do I have? Do I notify the Chapter 13 trustee? My creditors meeting hasn't even occurred yet.

Asked on 7/24/12, 11:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Antoinette Wooten The Wooten Legal Consulting, PC

You should notify your attorney, if you have one.

If you do not have an attorney you should obtain one, and, in the meantime contact the trustee.

Read more
Answered on 7/24/12, 11:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in New Jersey