Legal Question in Construction Law in New Jersey

Construction Lien

my company provided asphalt to a contractor to pave a road in a new housing development. my company was never compensated for the asphalt which was placed on the road in order to allow the builders construction elements access to the homesites. the homesites were assigned lot and block numbers but the paved road was never dedicated to the local township.what is our best remedy to attempt to secure payment of the monies due us. since the road has not yet been dedicated it is still the property of the developer however, the property has not beeen assigned a physical identification (block / lot #) so how does an unpaid supplier file a lien to protect the money it is owed?

Asked on 11/29/06, 4:27 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

Re: Construction Lien

you have a mess on your hands. go see an attorney who does this kind of work.

If you would like, give me a call; I am in northern New Jersey. I will be happy to discuss this with you; the telephone consultation will be free.

My contact information can be obtained from the links below, just click on the Attorney Profile link. Let my secretary know you found me through LawGuru.

Disclaimer: Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. You can not rely on the statements made by an attorney given over the internet. The exact facts of your situation, including facts which you have not mentioned in your question, may completely change the result for your situation.

Read more
Answered on 11/29/06, 4:32 pm

Re: Construction Lien

there is an identification number for the land. There has to be since someone had to pay taxes and get the improvements. You need to get a title agency to get for you the correct information. Once you get the info you can try to file your lien, however, you are looking at a complex issue. Let me know if this has been helpful.

Read more
Answered on 11/29/06, 4:35 pm
John Corbett Corbett Law Firm LLC

Re: Construction Lien

In addition to what Messrs Diamond and Davies have told you, I suggest that you contact a lawyer as soon as possible. The best way to get your money is via a construction lien but there is a strict 90 day time limit on filing beginning on the day that the last materials or services were finished.

I can prepare the documents for you. Your question does not list a zip code so I don't know whether I am conveniently close to you. The important thing is that you contact a lawyer who does construction law and do that quickly. Call if I can help.

See also: http://info.corbettlaw.htm/lawguru.htm

Read more
Answered on 11/29/06, 10:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in New Jersey