Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in New Jersey

I had a judgment against me in 2005 now the same company is sending me court papers for the same judgment, is that normal?

Asked on 4/12/11, 3:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip D. Stern Philip D. Stern Attorney at Law, LLC

No, and it may be a violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act which would allow you to recover any damages, up to an additional $1,000 and have your attorneys' paid. I limit my practice to claims arising under that Act and defending people who are sued on consumer debt (credit cards, personal loans, medical bills, utility bills). I do not charge for consultations or to review your materials. Please contact me via email if you would like more information. [email protected].

Read more
Answered on 4/12/11, 6:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in New Jersey