Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

Spouse takes prescription meds and will not leave?

My husband is addicted to prescription medication and I want a divorce. He refuses to leave nicely. He says when I give him all the money he will go? I do not think my 13 and 15 year old children need to see their father like this any longer. what do I do? I want him out? I have crohns disease and have not worked since I had children we agreed i would be a stay home Mom. I do not want to have to take the children out of their schools because I have to move.

My husband has been in a re-hab 2 years ago, will this help my case? He also works for his best friend who can easily change his pay wage so he will have to give me less?

Asked on 4/22/05, 10:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law

Re: Spouse takes prescription meds and will not leave?

Your husband can stay in the house so long as his behavior is appropriate. If he commits an act of

domestic violence or if he continues to use drugs

a judge will remove him from the house.

He can voluntarily reduce his income but it will be what he normally earns which will be the basis of his child support and alimony obligation calculations.

Call me if you have more questions.

Gary Moore, Esquire

Hackensack, New Jersey

800 273 7933

Read more
Answered on 4/22/05, 1:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey