Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

My wife has been paying child support for over fifteen years and was recently contacted by her son who is now an adult. According to her son he has not live with the father but with the grandparents almost the entire time and she suspects he has not received any money. Does she have any legal options?

Asked on 11/02/20, 1:13 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

She should discuss everything with an attorney. She can call us at 1-855-9-JEFLAW

Read more
Answered on 11/02/20, 1:37 pm
Barry Kozyra Kozyra & Hartz, LLC

She should seek to terminate what she is paying if the son is emancipated or maybe seek a reduction (not sure from the facts how it was set in the first place but things may have changed). There may even be a basis for a refund.

Definitely speak with experienced counsel - if interested, call us for one of our attorneys.

Read more
Answered on 11/02/20, 2:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey