Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Jersey

i am disabled recieving social security benifits from my past work

i got married in 2010 i have a 3 year old daughter who is an american citizen my wife is dominican can i bring my wife to the united states and if so what do i need to do?

Asked on 9/20/11, 7:28 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho

Yes, you can file for her K-3 spouse visa which would take typically anywhere from 5-8 months to process and get approved for.

Please see detailed information on the process as well as the services I offer here:

You may contact me at for a free consultation here:

U.S. Immigration Attorney | International Marriage Lawyer


Michael S. Cho

Attorney & Counselor at Law

10940 Wilshire Boulevard, 16th Floor

Los Angeles, California 90024

Phone: 323.238.4620

Fax: 323.345.5477


San Francisco Office

225 Bush Street, 16th Floor

San Francisco, CA 94104

Phone: 415.449.1974

Fax: 323.345.5477

San Diego Office

8880 Rio San Diego Drive

Rio Vista Tower, 8th Floor

San Diego, CA 92108

Phone: 619.866.5970

Fax: 323.345.5477

To check processing times or the status of a particular immigration case, go to:

Foreign nationals must report address changes to CIS on form AR-11. To access the form go to:

You can file electronically at:


ABOUT THIS E-MAIL: The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/11, 9:03 pm


You did not state your immigration status. However, if you are a U.S citizen or a Green Card holder then Yes, you can petition for your wife to come to the U.S. You may go to USCIS.GOV and complete form I-130 to start the process. You should read and follow the instructions very well. If you need help, you may contact me at [email protected] for free consultation.

Good Luck

Emmanuel Poku, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 9/21/11, 7:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Jersey