Legal Question in Employment Law in New Jersey

I'm an alcoholic in recovery and had a relapse. I went into the hospital informing my employer. My Dr. cleared me to return to work but employer won't let me come back until I go through a rehab program. Can they force me to do that? Can they legally do that?

Asked on 9/13/13, 7:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

Yes they can and I strongly recommend that you submit to this offer; otherwise, your employment could be terminated with a denial of State unemployment benefits.

Read more
Answered on 9/14/13, 10:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in New Jersey