Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in New Jersey

I filed suit against my tenant (hereinafter D) for non-payment of rent in Superior Court, Law Div, Bergen County, Special Civil Part. Trial date was 20Jun17. In mediation we signed a Stipulation of Settlement wherein D agreed to pay rent due and also agreed to vacate premises by 31Oct17.

D still occupies premises. What can I do to have this Settlement be enforced and D be made to quit the premises?

Asked on 7/07/18, 6:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Schutz Matthew R. Schutz, Esq.

You have to file an affidavit and order to show cause in L/T court.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/18, 7:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in New Jersey