Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in New Jersey

my son was admitted to the hospital last year with RSV bronchiolitis respiratory distress Hypoxia and dehydration after the Er department sent him home and said nothing was wrong with him. the only thing he was treated for was a fever and had a x ray done which showed lower lobe infiltrate.... he was said to have a upper respiratory infection but was given an antibiotic which was never documented in my son's records...he is now showing signs of developmental delays

Asked on 5/02/11, 11:06 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Zerres Blume Forte Fried Zerres & Molinari

Thank you for your inquiry. This firm has handled thousands of claims surrounding hospital negligence; including shortcomings in ER care. We also have represented hundreds of neurologically impaired clients; including those who sustained brain injury due to various forms of hypoxic insult. Please click on my name below for our firm's contact information in New Jersey; and call me or any of our attorneys to discuss your potential claim (at no cost to you). If this incident occurred outside of New Jersey, also feel free to call us, as we work with an extensive nationwide network of qualified attorneys who may be able to assist you. I look forward to speaking with you; and we will assist you in whatever way we can.

Read more
Answered on 5/02/11, 11:22 am


I appreciate your inquiry. First and foremost, you need to take care your son and get the best medical attention that you can find. Then, you need the guidance of a lawyer who is familiar with such matters. My firm regularly handles such hospital negligence cases and I would be happy to help you with this claim. There are several ways you may be compensated for your loss but keep in mind that you may have only a limited time to file an action, and even less time if you intend to file against a public entity. So you need to act soon.

Call for a FREE consultation so that I may be able to help you further. Please note that I only have the little information that you put into your question and my response is presented as a general response to that question. It is not intended as, nor should be construed as, legal advice or opinion.


Law Offices of Samuel Z. Brown / THE BROWN LAW FIRM

205 E. Kennedy Blvd.

Lakewood, NJ 08701


[email protected]


Read more
Answered on 5/02/11, 12:31 pm
Adam L. Rothenberg Levinson Axelrod, P.C.

Nothing is harder than dealing with a child who is dealing with a serious physical or mental problem. When it is preventable, that is truly tragic. I would be honored to look into your son's case, at no charge to you or your family. Any fee would be contingent upon a recovery and we would foot the cost of investigation. We regularly deal with similar cases and have a MD - Attorney on staff.

Choosing the right attorney is tough. I think that you will find that we have experience, empathty and financial ability to pursue a case for you and your son.

Please feel free to contact me at 800-34-NJ-LAW or by email at [email protected]

Thanks for your inquiry. Best wishes with your son. I hope that we hear from you.

Read more
Answered on 5/02/11, 5:11 pm
Thomas Sheridan Sheridan & Murray

As a parent, I am truly sorry to hear about your son's situation. Based on the information provided, it would be irresponsible for me to tell you whether or not you have a medical malpractice case. However, based on what you have said, I would strongly advise you speak personally with a qualified attorney that specializes in medical malpractice AND someone who will take the time to fully understand the details of your situation.

If you would like to discuss your son's situation further, I'd be more than happy to explore your situation and provide you with possible options. I can be reached at (215) 977-9500 and there is never any cost or fees for the consultation.

I wish you and your family the best in this difficult time.


Tom Sheridan

Read more
Answered on 5/02/11, 5:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in New Jersey