Legal Question in Personal Injury in New Jersey

I was wondering if I had a case . I was working on a building that collapsed with me and another guy we went down with the building . We weren't supplied with the proper safety equipment and also our foreman was under the influence of marihuana . The actual accident has been on the news the job site is shut down as of now .

Asked on 1/17/15, 5:17 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Drew Quinones Drew Quinones, P.C.

You have a case if you were injured. Call me to discuss. 215-240-7565

Read more
Answered on 1/17/15, 5:31 pm
John Pinho John Pinho

You have two possible cases. A workers compensation case and a "third party" case against the owner of the building or a general contractor or other party who did make sure the building was safe to work in. You can call to schedule a free consult 800-311-3020

Read more
Answered on 1/17/15, 9:13 pm
Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

Sounds like you have a great case. Call us at 1-855-9JEFLAW to discuss 24/7

Read more
Answered on 1/18/15, 6:38 am
Joseph Grassi Barry, Corrado, Grassi & Gibson, PC

You have two possible cases. Since you were at work, you have a workers compensation case. That case is handled in worker's compensation court, and has limited damages available. If the collapse was caused by an entity other than your direct employer, you may have a negligence case against the person responsible. Determining whether such a case lies can be complicated and requires quite a bit of leg work, but is most likely worth the effort. What were your injuries? How many trades were working on the building? Do you know what caused the collapse?

Read more
Answered on 1/18/15, 12:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New Jersey