Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New Jersey

I own a house with 2 other parties. I can no longer afford cost of maintenance and taxes and would like to sell the house. What are my legal options?

Asked on 7/09/13, 3:13 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

You can sell the house. If the other two owners will not cooperate, then you can go to Court to get an Order to sell the house.

You need a lawyer to sit down with you and give you some advice.

I can explain things in detail in person after we talk. I will explain what legal issues I see, and what I can do to assist you.

This will be a free consultation. After we talk, you can decide what you would like to do.

Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you. No charge for the telephone call and no charge for the first office visit.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]



Please keep in mind that my response is just a general comment on your question, and not legal advice. I have answered based upon the law of the State of New Jersey where I practice; the laws in other states may be very different, and may result in very different outcomes. Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. The exact details of your situation and things that you have not mentioned in your question can completely change the response I gave. You can not rely upon what I have written as legal advice, because I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you, I only have the very small amount of information that you put into your question. To get legal advice that you can rely on and use, please contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/13, 3:36 pm

Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.

I agree with Rob, but suggest you talk to your co-owners first, as maybe they will buy you out or suggest something other than an outright sale. Last resort, find a buyer and start a suit for partition, which allows the house to be purchased or your co-owners can purchase your interest.

Best is to use an attorney in all instances.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/13, 11:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New Jersey