Legal Question in Traffic Law in New Jersey

I received a handicap parking ticket today. I honestly did not see the markings of the spot because a vehicle sticking out of previous spot obscured the spot as I drove up. There also is no sign at the front of the spot. It was an honest mistake and I have a perfect driving record to vouch for my utmost respect for the law and for our disabled members of society. In any case, i was not at the car when the officer placed the ticket on my windshield. The ticket does not have my name- it only identifies the vehicle by license plate. The color of car and body type are incorrect and the location is misspelled. There is no defendant name but it is a mandatory court appearance and in only 10 days time. I am not sure how to proceed. Happy Memorial Day!

Asked on 5/27/13, 4:19 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys


Ask the court for an adjournment. Sometimes you can do it vy phone v

Also take photos and bring them to court.

The local Prosecutor may help you out by recommending dismissal.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 5/27/13, 5:12 pm

Jonathan Mincis Jonathan J. Mincis, Esq. Law Offices

call the Court, plead not guilty and get a Court date. when you go to Court you can speak to the Prosecutor and explain your situation, maybe they will agree to help you, again expalin that you did not see the sign which is clearly a defense, good luck

Read more
Answered on 5/29/13, 7:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New Jersey