Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New Jersey

My friend recently passed and he owed me 1,600.00 for costs of food and meds i purchased for him. His daughter was the sole person in his will and was given his home free and clear. She is refusing to pay me. Can I put a lean on the property?

Asked on 4/26/13, 1:20 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Larry Raiken Larry S Raiken LLC

You should see an attorney about recovering your money.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/13, 1:37 pm

Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.

I agree, as this may be a claim against his estate. His Will probably charged his estate for all unpaid debts. You may need to sue to recover this.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/13, 6:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New Jersey