Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New Jersey

State of NJ...Grandfather was widowed and then died 20 years ago, leaving everything to my Mom, his only child. Mom died 17 years ago with no will. Her estate was split 50/50 between my Dad and I (I'm the only child). Dad died 10 years ago with a wife of two years. He left her everything. I inherited nothing from his estate. Recently, property belonging to my Grandfather was discovered. If I reopen Grandpa's estate, will I be the one to receive this property, or does my Father's wife have a claim to it?

Asked on 6/24/13, 9:04 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

I would need to know more to answer your question.

You need a lawyer to sit down with you and give you some advice.

I can explain things in detail in person after we talk. I will explain what legal issues I see, and what I can do to assist you.

This will be a free consultation. After we talk, you can decide what you would like to do.

Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you. No charge for the telephone call and no charge for the first office visit.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]



Please keep in mind that my response is just a general comment on your question, and not legal advice. I have answered based upon the law of the State of New Jersey where I practice; the laws in other states may be very different, and may result in very different outcomes. Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. The exact details of your situation and things that you have not mentioned in your question can completely change the response I gave. You can not rely upon what I have written as legal advice, because I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you, I only have the very small amount of information that you put into your question. To get legal advice that you can rely on and use, please contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/13, 6:04 am

Larry Raiken Larry S Raiken LLC

I agree that more facts are necessary to answer your question. I would suggest that you call my office for an appointment.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/13, 6:24 am
Keith Singer Keith A. Singer, Attorney At Law

The answer to your question is that I would need to review your Dad's will that provided no inheritance for you. If there were a clause in the will specifically disinheriting you then you most likely would receive none of the newly discovered personal or real property. However, there may be language in the will that would allow for you to inherit some or all of the property but I would need to review the will. If you would like to discuss this further, my contact information appears below.

Keith Singer, Esq

1901 Route 71, Suite 3-E

West Belmar, NJ 07719

T 732-749-3700

F 732-749-3699

E-mail [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 6/25/13, 7:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New Jersey