Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New Jersey

Trustee empties out safe of cash and jewlery, without other trustee present. denies any money was in safe and has not distributed jewelry. it has been over two years, going on three years now. trustee first claimed, no money in safe and then later on claimed money in safe belongsed to them. how can trustee' s finances be investigated? how can that trustee be now made to pay for legal fees involved for other trustee involved?

Asked on 8/31/11, 12:30 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jonathan Chester Lindabury, McCormick, Estabrook & Cooper, P.C.

How much money was taken? What jewelry was missing? If you don't know, you will have a very difficult case.

If you don't have an inventroy, you have serious proof issues to overcome here [if you can't proove what was taken, how would you ever convince a judge or jury?]. Unless there is some evidence [insurance policy, bank records, etc.] that could help you, your case against the co-trustee will be difficult if not impossible to prove.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/11, 1:01 pm

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

What you are talking about is theft, crimes, go to jail for a long time stuff.

I can help you with this. Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you. No charge for the telephone call and no charge for the first office visit.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]


Please keep in mind that my response is just a general comment on your question, and not legal advice. I have answered based upon the law of the State of New Jersey where I practice; the laws in other states may be very different, and may result in very different outcomes. Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. The exact details of your situation and things that you have not mentioned in your question can completely change the response I gave. You can not rely upon what I have written as legal advice, because I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you, I only have the very small amount of information that you put into your question. To get legal advice that you can rely on and use, please contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/11, 3:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New Jersey