Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in New Mexico

I am trying to place a civil suit and get a restraining order on an individual. He constantly is disrupting my life and has me on guard 24/7. I do not feel safe in my own home and he is causing me a lot of stress. He has my social security number, birth date, and a lot of other information and he says he got it from a PI. I don't know what to do anymore. Would a civil suit go through and would I be able to get a restraining order?

Asked on 2/28/13, 5:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Aspinwall Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC

You can obtain a restraining order at no cost from the District Court nearest you. You do not need to file a civil action to do this. You would file a civil suit only if you were affected in some way which costs you money. Watch your credit cards, credit report and bank accounts closely if you suspect he will try to cause you harm that way.

Read more
Answered on 3/01/13, 7:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in New Mexico