Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in New Mexico

Good morning

I co-signed a loan for a new car for a friend. (groan) She has never made a payment (4 months) I have kept the account current myself.

How do I re-possess the car?

Asked on 2/01/12, 9:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Aspinwall Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC

Unless your name is on the title, in which case you can drive it away (one cannot steal one's own property), you will have to file suit to collect the money you are owed.

Read more
Answered on 2/12/12, 2:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in New Mexico