Legal Question in DUI Law in New Mexico

Can I leave the state of NM while on probation for a DWI?

Asked on 11/16/19, 1:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Salim Khayoumi Khayoumi Law Firm

No. Conditions of probation usually state that you may not leave the state of NM. However, your attorney can file a "motion to modify conditions of probation" requesting the Court to modify conditions of probation to allow you to leave the State. You can leave the State of NM after the judge approves the aforementioned motion and signs an order modifying the conditions of your probation.

Read more
Answered on 12/10/19, 1:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New Mexico