Legal Question in Family Law in New Mexico

My ex-wife takes my son to the doctors and to get him excused from school. Can I draft a motion for him to be with me when off of school since she works and I am retired?

Asked on 12/27/17, 11:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Watson John Watson, Attorney at Law

Yes, you can. You will be looking to file a motion called "Motion to Modify Time Share or Parenting Plan." You can also access the "Self Help Center" at your local district court. You will either be in Bernalillo county or Sandoval county. Both have Self Help Centers at their courthouses.

Good luck.

Law Guru

Read more
Answered on 12/28/17, 10:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Mexico