Legal Question in Family Law in New Mexico

I'm 15 and live in New Mexico. I was placed with a family when I was six, they are biologically my Aunt and Uncle, but my uncle sexually, physically, and verbally abused me for three years. When I told my aunt about it she did nothing. I want to runaway and say with my friends or my other uncle, but what would happen legally? Could I be forced back into the home by authorities? What should I do if they try and stop me from leaving?

Asked on 2/04/17, 6:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Watson John Watson, Attorney at Law

Call this number right now! 1-855-333-SAFE [7233]

They will take care of you and you will be assigned an attorney. Right now, because the state budget is tight it might take a little bit of time to have an attorney assigned to you - but it will happen. The word of the day is: patience.

Make the call. Be your own savior.

Law Guru

Read more
Answered on 2/04/17, 9:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Mexico