Legal Question in Personal Injury in New Mexico

Knee Injury

Do I have the right to sue if I fell and slip at work who is liable?

Asked on 12/02/02, 1:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brent Bailey Dixon, Scholl & Bailey, P.A.

Re: Knee Injury

The answer to your question depends upon several unknown facts. If a person slips or falls because of a dangerous condition that exists on another person's property then the property owner may be liable for injuries. If the property owner is the injured person's employer the injuries that result may be covered by New Mexico's Workers' Compensation Act. If the injured person fell on property belonging to someone other than his or her employer then the situation may not be covered by the Workers' Compensation Act. Under New Mexico law the injured person's knowledge of the dangerous condition and his or her ability to prevent the fall may also be considered in the final result.

Read more
Answered on 12/02/02, 12:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New Mexico