Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New Mexico

My children have been helping me financially during a time when I can not find a job. They paid off the mortgage. The home is worth 2 to 2 1/2 times the payoff, but since paying off the loan, they have decided they want the house, have demanded that I get out now, so they can move into it. There was no agreement to this. I have low pay job, couldn't possibly find a place to live within my means. I have not signed deed over. They want me out NOW! but I have nowhere to go. Can they force me out?

Asked on 7/29/13, 9:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin Connolly Kevin J. Connolly

What evil children you have. They have no rights whatever, but I am concerned you are at risk. To lose the property you would have to sign a deed or mortgage to these despicable sacks of nightsoil. But just the fact that they are this indescribably greedy tells me that you need a safety net and a 410 shotgun loaded with rock salt.

Call the police or sheriff, This is elder abuse of a kind that often leads to murder, manslaughter or mayhem. Make sure the darling little spawn know that the sheriff knows to investigate the kids if someone offs you. And make a will leaving your property to charity, giving a copy of the will to the charity so that the kids can't destroy the will and try to take your property. and let them know about the will.

Look: the kids are trying to evict you without even a shred of right to do so. What makes you think they won't beat you or kill you to get the property? They invested a lot of money in this property and it's obvious that they will not walk away empty-handed.

Read more
Answered on 7/29/13, 9:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New Mexico