Legal Question in Family Law in New York

My husband filed for divorce, he has a business and apartment. he has also committed adultry and has made 2 children, since we have been married. his business is in his name, can i apply for spousal support and how do i go about it? i dont have the money for a lawyer.

Asked on 4/16/11, 5:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Howard Knispel Howard E. Knispel, P.C.

You are entitled to a portion of his business as well as possible spousal support, depending upon his income. You may be able to retain a lawyer because under the new divorce law in NY if your husband is the "monied spouse" he would be obligated to pay your legal fees.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/11, 6:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York