Legal Question in Banking Law in New York

I worked for a big financial bank. I opened a account for me and my step-grandchild. this grandchild of mind deposited fraudulent checks to his account. once I found out I contacted my bank they never closed the card or restrict the account funds came out the account within two days after the fact. all this was done by atm transactions now when I opened the account it was a high school checking the maxiuim atm withdrawal is $400.00 a day .I called mocre than once to rectify this error was told is my resposiblity because I am the joint owner. long story short I called the executive office they gave me back monies from the claim and reversed the chargeoff account. I called back to find out why they sent me the difference never got a called back. until Aug 8 2017 when my security dept called me down to talk.and asked me why I took the difference I told her that I was thinking it was the kid paycheck they took from him when they blocked his account. and I was so stress of my job and every day life had a lot going on at home. two weeks later they fired mee talking about I violate the code of conduct. also I told them that I would pay them back but now forget it I need some help this way no other person can get hurt.

Asked on 8/30/17, 2:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

You have to ask a question. You can't just say "I need help."

Read more
Answered on 8/30/17, 5:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in New York