Legal Question in Technology Law in New York

Retained attorney who hasn't returned one phone call since 6/28/13. Suffolk grievance committee notified, tenth judicial district. Their response No violation of attorneys conduct. Admonition was issued in failure to properly cooperate in their investigation. What legal remedy do I have?

Asked on 6/01/15, 10:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Frank Natoli Natoli-Legal, LLC

Very hard to say. If it is a situation where there is still a portion of unused retainer funds you have that coming back to you and you can take them to fee arbitration or even the small claims court. But if they owe you no money and have been found not to have violated any ethical duty then I really do not know what recourse you have at this point. You would have to articulate a legal claim for damages. One may still exist even though the committee did not cite them for their actions, so perhaps discussing the matter over with legal counsel that handles these kinds of matters is the next best step.

All the best,


Read more
Answered on 6/01/15, 10:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Computer & Technology Law questions and answers in New York