Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in New York

I have a judgement against me in the state of New York. It is over 10 years old. The judgment creditor ( corporation) no longer exists and there is no attorney of record for them. I recently discovered that the owner of the corporation committed suicide in July of 2012. There appear to be no estate attorneys for him.

Can I have this judgement set aside? Can I get a satisfaction of judgment? How? From Whom?


Asked on 9/11/13, 10:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

No. It may be stale and unenforceable.

Read more
Answered on 9/11/13, 12:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in New York