Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in New York

Can I request a case be dismissed in my Answer to a summons from a debt collector? I was recently served a summons for an old debt. The summons did not include some required paperwork for NY. Can I ask for a dismissal in my answer, the least expensive path, or do I have to file a motion to dismiss?

Asked on 4/12/17, 1:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Make the motion.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/17, 4:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in New York