Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

possession of stolen property, possible charge. My friend had handed me a laptop and told me to put it in my car, later i find out that this is stolen. The police claim to have me on video with said "stolen" property and are claiming that if i dont make a statement and come in that they will place a warrent for my arrest. I have no priors and am innocent, what should i do ?

Asked on 4/10/12, 5:44 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Jason Stern Law Offices of Jason Stern

Hire a criminal defense attorney before you do anything else.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/12, 9:32 pm
Robert Evans Robert S. Evans esq.

I agree with the prior answer, you should absolutely retain a criminal defense attorney before doing anything. Any statements you make to a law enforcement agent may and will be used against you. You have possible legal defenses to the proposed charges. I would be happy to discuss your options , please contact my office @7188340087 for a phone consultation.

Read more
Answered on 4/11/12, 7:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York